Saturday, October 1, 2011

#4 Log Cabin Quilt Ornament




So for this week I wanted to work on some blocks that don't take much thought and I could just sew, cut, and watch movies.  This log cabin block was just the ticket.  All you have to do is start in the center and just start building.  What could be easier!!  The strips end up being about 1/2 inch wide so I wanted some fabrics with really small print and I'm pretty happy how this one turned out.






I have the ornaments hanging from a thread spool holder that I have hanging on my wall beside my sewing machine and they look awesome as a group.

As a side comment, it's October 1st and there are aisles of Christmas stuff already in the stores!  It's not even Halloween!  I can't do it yet.  As I think about what will be happening in my house from now until Christmas I feel like I've just started a marathon we will be running.  It's been decided that my stepson will be coming to live with us after he gets out of inpatient rehab for his brain injury.  My husband and I own a business and it allows my husband to be home most of the time.  So he will be available 24/7 to care for my stepson, Shawn.  As he heals from his injury we know that we will struggle with him thinking he can do things he really can't yet.  I can't imagine what this is like for him.  He's 20 years old and was just starting to live independently and he really needed to be living independently because he was driving us and his mom's household nuts. 

So we will all be tested over the next couple of months.  This blog will be great therapy for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment